I usually throw a party for New Years and this year was no different. I think this one went especially well food-wise. At least, I thought everything was yummy. I don’t have pictures for it all, but here’s what I made:
1. Pecan Rocha from the Playing With My Food blog. This was super sweet, but really yummy. The base made out of saltines made me wary at first, but it worked out. Plus, it was super easy and fast to make!
2. Mini Crustless Tofu Quiches from the FatFree Vegan blog. These were super yummy and not too much work. The hardest part was getting them out of the tins intact. I’d been served tofu quiche before in my dining hall and it was gross, but luckily this far surpassed my expectations. I made them in mini cupcake tins so they’d be little hors d’oeuvres for my party. Mmmm.
3.Peanut Butter Creem Cheeze and Chocolate Chip Brownies from the Cozy Inside blog. I actually found these in my bookmarks, having forgotten all about them. They were SO GOOD. Oh. my. gosh. Delicious. I actually forgot to add the extra cup of chocolate chips it called for in the batter, but they were already so chocolatey and gooey it worked out fine. Peanut butter and chocolate are two of my favorite things, so together they pretty much make me want to pee myself in delight. I think these were my favorite.
4. Sweet Potato Salsa from my own blog. This is definitely a go-to recipe for any event. Mmm.
5. Really simple, I got some tofu sour cream and mixed it with those packets of french onion seasoning for soup or dip that come in the little blue boxes (I forgot the brand). Served the french onion dip with potato chips and voila! Just like pre-vegan times. I didn’t even think to do this until recently.
6. Nacho Cheese Dip from the Schmooed Food blog (author of Vegan Lunchbox). This is my my favorite nacho cheese recipe. It’s cashew-based and really easy to make if you have a blender or food processor. Mmm. I mixed it with salsa and heated it up with some torilla chips. Yummy!
7. Won-Tons from my own blog. These are always a big hit. I made the mistake of steaming these instead of frying them with a little oil and they weren’t quite as good, but still tasty. Ah well, at least I know now.
I also finally made some sourdough bread and served that, but it wasn’t that good and didn’t rise as much as I’d have liked, so that’s still a work in progress. In any case, I hope this gives you some ideas for your next party! I usually have problems thinking up party food that isn’t just brownies and cupcakes and these all went over pretty well. I mean, there were still brownies, but I did find some more savory items as well! Yum!