I didn’t actually measure, so this isn’t super exact, but you get the idea.
Relatively Healthy Coconut Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 box / ~200g creamed coconut
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut Mine is completely dry, if you use the moist kind in the bag, you probably won't need to add soymilk, we just only have the dry kind in Germany
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar I got maple syrup for about 4 EUR from Edeka
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar optional, I wanted to use it up
- soymilk optional
- 1/3 cup peanut butter optional, I used Panda Kaas from the Asian Market
- In a medium/large sauce pan add the box of creamed coconut and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Stir until melted and combined.
- Add the maple syrup or agave, peanut butter and powdered sugar if using.
- Combine until everything is mixed.
- Stir in the shredded coconut. It should be really, really thick. You just don't want it to be dry. If you can't combine it all so it's wet, add a bit of soymilk.
- Mix until combined and then pour/squish into a tupperware or other container.
- Let cool, then store in the fridge. The creamed coconut will firm up as it cools.
- I can get this easily and cheaply from the Asian Market, it comes in a little box that’s 200g. You can also find it here on Amazon.
** This can be made raw if you just use the coconut, coconut cream (make sure it’s raw) and raw agave nectar. Roasted PB will negate that, but perhaps some raw macadamia nut butter or something would be delish? Just play around until the texture is right or give it a whirl in the food processor to combine.
Let’s talk about this creamed coconut for a moment. I love it. I use it instead of margarine sometimes to make frosting, with peanuts in the food processor to make coconut peanut butter, for these kind of desserts, etc. It’s great. If you’re not convinced, check out this coconut candy recipe I found on Pinterest. Okay, back to your regularly scheduled recipe…
Super yummy and no weird ingredients. I could see adding some chocolate chips at the very end or just doubling the amount of creamed coconut. You could go without the PB or try another nut butter too, let me know what you try! You could also give it all a whirl in the food processor if you don’t want the coconut texture.
I imagine creamed coconut is the same as coconut butter. Anyone care to enlighten me?
You had me at fudge. Relatively healthy is just a bonus 🙂
Creamed coconut is a different thing altogether than coconut butter.
Creamed coconut is kind of like solid coconut milk (it can be added to boiling water to make coconut milk), whereas coconut butter is just the fat.
@Gulliver – I thought coconut oil was just the fat because there’s all these recipes to make your own coconut butter by just blending shredded coconut in the food processor. Am I crazy?
I thought coconut butter and coconut oil was the same thing! According to the google fairy, it’s called butter when solid, and oil when liquid.
Anyway, I’m making some now!