Vegan MoFo Day #6
Here is a quick meal idea for a busy Monday. I threw this together for a late breakfast (yes, I’m weird) a few days ago as a let’s-use-up-what’s-in-the-fridge kinda meal and ended up marveling over it’s deliciousness. I am now obsessed with garam masala and putting it in everything. You have been warned.
Saucy Garam Masala Noodles
- 2 servings of noodles shells are totally the best, but use what you like ;- )
- whatever veggies you want I used broccoli , red onion and red pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 clove garlic shopped
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala or more, but start with that
- 2-3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice optional
- salt pepper and red chili flakes, to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the noodles, a pinch of salt and a squirt of oil.
- While the noodles are cooking, chop your veggies.
- Cook noodles until almost ready, then throw in the broccoli, if using.
- When that's done, strain and set aside in a bowl.
- Take the same now empty saucepan, put back on the heat and add the margarine, other veggies and garlic.
- Cover and simmer until the veggies are cooked or as soft as you want.
- Remove from heat, add the garam masala, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Stir together, then add the noodles and stir to combine.
- Put back on the heat to warm everything up, then pour back into the bowl.
Easy peasy, that took less than 15 minutes all together!
Seriously…it may sound weird, but the garam masala and margarine combination is SO GOOD.
What’s your secret noodle ingredient?!