This is a really simple, one-pot soup that I was imagining in my head after eating so many sweets and drinking so many cocktails that I was fantasizing about vegetables. There, I said it. Perhaps some of you are/were in the same boat as me?
The ingredients are really flexible, but in my head the cauliflower, carrots and soya mince are the most important. Get a veggie broth or bouillon without MSG, I really think it makes a taste difference. My favorite in Germany is the Brunofischer Würzl, I usually use one of the 52323894 boxes of the Edward & Sons Not-Chick’n Bouillon Cubes I smuggled from America, but just a plain veggie broth is best in this case! The soya mince adds some protein and texture. I swear it’s not as weird as it sounds. Keep it simple!
Super Easy "I Am Still Detoxing from New Years" Soup
- 4 1/2 cups 1L water
- 2 veggie bouillon cubes or whatever it says on the package for 4ish cups/1L of water
- 2 cups 1/2 medium cauliflower, chopped in small to medium pieces
- 1 large carrot chopped small
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2/3 cup soya mince minced TVP
- handful of kale pulled off from the stem, stems discarded (optional)
- 1/2 onion diced (optional)
- salt pepper, chili flakes, etc. to taste
- Bring the water and bouillon to a boil, add the cauliflower and carrot and turn down the heat to medium/high, simmer until soft.
- Add the garlic, onion and kale if using and simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soya mince and simmer again a few minutes until it's soft. The soya mince needs to go at the end so it doesn't get boiled to death and taste like soggy cardboard.
- Season with salt, pepper, chili flakes, etc. to taste.