Tofutti-Free Vegan Cheesecake
A vegan cheesecake recipe without any processed vegan cream cheese necessary!
- 1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust or make your own (depends how lazy I am)
- 2 16 ounce packages medium to extra-firm tofu tofu (silken, if you can find it...I can't)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. almond butter or tahini
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 4 tbsp. soymilk
Prepare graham cracker crust according to instructions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
In your food processor, combine remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth.
Pour into pie crust and bake for 20 minutes.
Cool and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and firm, at least two hours. This tastes better every day it sits, so I recommend letting it chill overnight before eating. Easy peasey.